How to Update Xperia XZ and XZs to Android Oreo Official? (Manually) Sony has launched the Xperia XZ smartphone last year and Xperia XZs in April this year. The Xperia XZ came with Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system out of the box while the Xperia XZs comes with Android 7.1 Nougat operating system out of the box. The company promised that it would release the Android 8.0 Oreo update for both devices. Sony is the first company who launched the Pre-installed Android 8.0 Oreo devices in the market, Xperia XZ1 and XZ1 Compact.
A few days ago, the company released the Android 8.0 Oreo update for the Sony Xperia XZ and Xperia XZs officially via OTA. Sony released the Android Oreo update for the Xperia XZ and Xzs smartphone around the world. It could take some to get Android Oreo officially update to across the globe Xperia XZ and XZs users via OTA.
Here in this article, we will guide you how to download, install and update Xperia XZ and Xperia XZs devices to Android 8.0 Oreo manually. Follow the article step by step to download Android Oreo firmware for the Xperia XZ or Xperia XZs and install it.
Note: We are not, at all, responsible for any damage to your device. Please, take a complete backup first.
- Make sure your device charged up to 70%
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- This tutorial is only for Sony Xperia XZ F8331, Xperia XZ F8332 and XperiaXZs G8231 variants. Do not try this tutorial method on other variants.
- Make sure you have installed proper drivers on your PC or Laptop for the Xperia XZ and XZs devices.
- Download Sony Xperia XZ Single SIM (F8331): F8331_41.3.A.0.401_TR.ftf
- Download SonyXperia XZ Dual SIM (F8332): F8332_41.3.A.0.401_Customized_MEA.ftf
- Sony Xperia XZs Single SIM (G8231): G8231_41.3.A.0.401_Customized_DE.ftf
- Download Flashtool
Update Xperia XZ and XZs to Android Oreo
1. Download Flashtool and Android 8.0 Oreo firmware for your device from the download section.
2. Now, install the Flashtool on your PC or Laptop.
3. Now go to the installed Flashtool folder, go to drivers and run the
Flashtoold-driver.exe file to install the proper driver for the flashtool.
4. Now, launch the Sony Mobile Flasher using the
5. Now, click on Flash button and select the Flashmode.
6. On the next screen, select the right Android 8.0 Oreo firmware for your Xperia XZ or Xperia XZs.
7. Select every checkbox in the Wipe section.
8. Now click on Flash Button in the bottom right corner.
9. Now turn off your device and press and hold the volume down key and connect the device to PC or Laptop via USB cable.
10. After the flashing process finished, disconnect your device and reboot it.
11. It will take time to setup all things the first time.
That’s it. You have successfully installed or update your Xperia XZ or Xperia XZs smartphone to Android 8.0 Oreo OS.
Please Like, Share and Comment your valuable thoughts 🙂
Thanks for patronizing Ultimate Tech. This post is about, "How to Update Xperia XZ and XZs to Android Oreo Official? (Manually)" and last updated on December 1, 2017 at 4:48 am. I am sure your visit to us must be quite satisfying and in line with your expectations from us. Just in case, it’s not as you expected from us or if you are facing any problem, kindly forward your feedback’s directly to us by leaving a Comment below. And, get assured response from my side. Your feedback’s and suggestions are extremely valuable to us. This Post is written by Himanshu Chaudhary. There is not any source, if any, then already mentioned so Copying or using this post’s content for your own site is not allowed. If anyone do so, get ready for facing DMCA. Please, if you like this post then share on your social networking sites. Assuring you of our best service always.