Table of Contents
How to Root Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950U? (Snapdragon) Samsung has launched Galaxy Note 8 in September of this year. Its a high-end device with powerful hardware and software. If you have Samsung Galaxy Note 8 USA variant and want to root it, you are at right place. Here in this article, we will guide you how to root Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950U Snapdragon model. This process will disable Samsung Pay and void your device warranty.
Thanks to the XDA member me2151, who posted the root method for the Galaxy Note8 Snapdragon variant. Its a reworked a stock Galaxy Note 8 image to include root. It will not unlock your device SIM or bootloader but simply root it. In case, you don’t like the rooted Galaxy Note 8, you can return to the stock firmware by flashing stock image via Odin.
If you have Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and want to root it, then follow the article step by step to root Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950U.
- Make sure your device charged at least up to 60%.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Snapdragon variants in the USA. Don’t try it on others devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Setup Minimal ADB and Fastboot on Your PC or Laptop.
- Make sure you have installed proper Samsung Galaxy Note 8 drivers on your PC or Laptop.
- Enable your device USB debugging and OEM unlock.
Downloads Main Files
Download CSC Files
- Download AT&T CSC
- Download T-Mobile CSC
- Download Verizon CSC
- Download Sprint CSC
- Download USCellular CSC
- Download XAA CSC
How to Root Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950U (Snapdragon)?
1. Download the above mentioned
N8_SamFAIL_System file on your PC or Laptop, which is a pre-rooted system file.
System.tar and PIT files.
3. Now, download the Odin and lunch the application on your PC or Laptop.
4. Turn off your device and boot into Download mode by press and hold the Bixby, power and volume down buttons together. Leave all the buttons when you see a message on the screen and press the volume up button.
5. Now, connect your device to the PC or Laptop via USB cable.
6. If your device connected properly and it will detect automatically and
ID:COM port turns blue.
7. Now, click on the AP and select the
8. Now, click on the PIT and select the PIT file.
9. Go to the option and select Auto Reboot, F.Reset Time, Nand Erase All and Re-partition, leave remaining unselected and click on start button.
10. After the process, it will show a Fail! Message.
11. Again reboot your device into Download Mode. Don’t worry if shows emergency mode.
1. Download the
N8_SamFAIL_FIRMWARE file on your PC or Laptop and extract it.
2. Download the Proper CSC file for your particular device. You MUST use the CSC matching your device.
3. Now, relaunch the Odin application and click on BL and select the
bl.tar file, click on AP and select the
ap.tar file, click on the CSC and select the
4. Now, go to the options on the left side and select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time, leave remaining unselected.
5. Now click on Start button to start the process.
6. After the process finished, you will get PASS! message and you device reboot automatically.
7. When your device boots up, setup your Note 8 device normally and launch the SuperSU app. It may ask you to update the SU binary, follow the on-screen instructions and let it do its thing.
Please Like, Share and Comment your valuable thoughts 🙂
Thanks for patronizing Ultimate Tech. This post is about, "How to Root Galaxy Note 8 SM-N950U? (Snapdragon)" and last updated on December 8, 2017. I am sure your visit to us must be quite satisfying and in line with your expectations from us. Just in case, it’s not as you expected from us or if you are facing any problem, kindly forward your feedback’s directly to us by leaving a Comment below. And, get assured response from my side. Your feedback’s and suggestions are extremely valuable to us. This Post is written by munendra656. There is not any source, if any, then already mentioned so Copying or using this post’s content for your own site is not allowed. If anyone do so, get ready for facing DMCA. Please, if you like this post then share on your social networking sites. Assuring you of our best service always.