Table of Contents
Huawei has launched the Mate 10 flagship smartphone, a few months ago. Here in this article, we will guide you how to root Huawei Mate 10 smartphone and unlock the bootloader. Thanks to the XDA developer who create a dedicated guide to unlock Bootloader of the Huawei Mate 10 and root it. For now, the TWRP Recovery is not available for the device.
The complete process is divided into two processes, first how to unlock Bootloader of Huawei Mate 10 and second process how to root Huawei Mate 10. If you have Huawei Mate 10 flagship smartphone and want to root it, then you are at right place. Follow the article step by step to root Huawei Mate 10 and unlock Bootloader. We will not responsible, if anything happens to your device during this process, so proceed at your own risk.
Benefits of Rooting:
- You can boost your device performance.
- You can install Custom ROMs and Custom Kernel.
- You can uninstall/remove pre-installed apps or bloatware.
- You can increase your device battery life.
- You can block ads on any apps.
- You can change customize more your device.
- Make sure your device charged at least up to 60%.
- This tutorial is only for Huawei Mate 10. Don’t try it on others devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Setup Minimal ADB and Fastboot on Your PC or Laptop.
- Make sure you have installed proper Huawei Mate 10 drivers on your PC or Laptop.
- Enable your device USB debugging and OEM unlock from developer options.
- Rooting will void your device warranty.
- Download FunkyHuawei Tool
Root Huawei Mate 10 and Unlock Bootloader
#1: Unlock Huawei Mate 10 Bootloader
1. Go to the Huawei page – Click here.
2. Log in with your Huawei ID, if you don’t have then create a new account.
3. After login, fill the following details.
4. After filling all details, click on submit button.
5. You will get a pop-up dialog box with unlock key, save it.
6. Now, connect your device to the PC or Laptop via USB cable.
7. Now go to the ADB and Fastboot and command prompt by the press and hold the shift button and right-click anywhere in the ADB folder.
8. Write the following command:
9. Now your device should be listed,
10. Again write the following command to reboot your device into fastboot mode:
adb reboot bootloader
11. After entering into Fastboot mode, write the following command in command prompt:
fastboot oem unlock your UNLOCK KEY here
12. After completing the Bootloader process, your device will boot up to initial set up the stage.
13. Skip all account stuff and security.
14. Got to the setting and re-enable the USB Debugging option in Developer Options.
15. Connect your device to PC or Laptop again and write the following command in command prompt to reboot your device into Fastboot mode.
adb reboot bootloader
16. Now close the command prompt.
#2: Root Huawei Mate 10
1. Download the FunkyHuawei tool from the download section and extract it.
2. Now connect your device to the PC or Laptop via USB cable.
3. Now run the FHMate10Tool.exe file.
4. Now, there are 5 options listed and the first one is Root your Mate 10.
5. Now type 1 and press enter button.
6. Follow few more dialog and on-screen instruction to start the process.
7. Once the rooting process finished, your device will be a reboot.
8. This process may be erased your device data but you will find SuperSU on your device.
That’s it. Your Huawei Mate 10 is rooted.