Table of Contents
How to Install Android Oreo on Moto G4 Play based on CrDroid Custom ROM? Motorola Moto G4 Play was launched last year with Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system out of the box. The company planned to release the Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware update for the device. Google has launched the Android 8.0 Oreo OS, Motorola also released the list of devices which will get the Android Oreo OS update in the future. But, the Moto G4 Play is not on the list which means Moto G4 Play users will not get the Android Oreo update officially.
If you have budget range Moto G4 Play smartphone and want to experience the new features of Android Oreo, then you are at the right place. Here in this article, we will guide you how to install Android Oreo on Moto G4 Play smartphone which is a CrDroid custom ROM. The CrDroid 4.0 ROM for Moto G4 Play is based on Android 8.0 Oreo with more features and customization than the Motorola Oreo stock firmware.
The CrDroid 4.0 ROM is still in beta stage and has few bugs, it may void your device warranty. So, proceed at your own risk and we will not be responsible if anything happens to your device during this process.
- Almost everything except that is listed on non-working list
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Moto G4 Play smartphone. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed TWRP recovery on your device.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
- Download CrDroid Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM for Moto G4 Play
- Download GApps
Install Android Oreo on Moto G4 Play based on CrDroid Custom ROM
1. Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
2. Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode by press and hold power + volume up or volume down buttons together for few seconds.
3. Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
4. Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
5. Now, tap on the install and select the CrDroid Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
6. After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
7. After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
8. It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
Now your Motorola Moto G4Play is running on Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM based on CrDroid4.0 ROM. If you find any problem during ROM installation, let us know in the comment box.
Please Like, Share and Comment your valuable thoughts 🙂
Thanks for patronizing Ultimate Tech. This post is about, "How to Install Android Oreo on Moto G4 Play based on CrDroid Custom ROM?" and last updated on December 2, 2017 at 5:45 am. I am sure your visit to us must be quite satisfying and in line with your expectations from us. Just in case, it’s not as you expected from us or if you are facing any problem, kindly forward your feedback’s directly to us by leaving a Comment below. And, get assured response from my side. Your feedback’s and suggestions are extremely valuable to us. This Post is written by Harman Singh Hira. There is not any source, if any, then already mentioned so Copying or using this post’s content for your own site is not allowed. If anyone do so, get ready for facing DMCA. Please, if you like this post then share on your social networking sites. Assuring you of our best service always.