Table of Contents
In this article, you will learn that how to Display Internet Speed on taskbar in Windows. Most of the people always wanted to track the speed of their Internet. However, none of the Windows operating system comes with such an option. Windows 10 do have bandwidth controlling tool but still missing tracking of bandwidth. In my this tutorial, I’m gonna show you that how you can view the real-time speed of your Internet from your taskbar.
There are two software to do this job. Both have their own features and controlling options. You can use any of this software.
Via DU Meter
DU Meter is an Internet usage monitor for your computer. It shows real-time graphs and can create reports and alerts based on your downloads and uploads. DU Meter is a small software for Windows to display and control Internet Speed. Because it is very lightweight tool so doesn’t take too much RAM of your computer.
Features of DU Meter
- Lightweight tool
- Display Internet speed via graphs
- Ease to use
- Control speed and usage
- Track and alert suspicious activities.
- Windows XP, 7, 8 & 10 Compatible
Display Your Internet Speed on the Taskbar in Windows via DU Meter
1. Download and Install DU Meter from their official website.
2. Open up the setup wizard and click Next as usual.
3. In the next steps, you can setup the monthly usage for your Internet. This is completely optional step. Either you can set some limit or just simply click Next.
4. If you wanted to see and track your Internet Speed anywhere anytime then you can follow the below steps or else you can click the Skip button.
Sign up at DU Meter and after signing up, click on Default Location then select Computers. Click on green Associate New Computer button. Give a Name to your computer and hit Add a New Computer button. Copy the Key.
5. After installation, it will show you the notice that if we want to add DU Meter toolbar in taskbar of our computer. Just hit Yes for it.
6. Boom! Now you can see the Internet Speed live tracking from your taskbar.
Another alternative for DU Meter is NetSpeedMonitor. It is also one of the best tool to track the usage and speed of your Internet. It is one of the oldest software developed for Windows XP and Windows 7. It have tons of extra features to control and limit your Internet speed and data. Moreover, there is no advertisement pop up in the software.
Display Your Internet Speed on the Taskbar in Windows via NetSpeedMonitor
1. Download and Install NetSpeedMonitor from CNet
If you are using “Windows 10 32 Bit” then sorry to say but this software not gonna work.
However, if you are running “Windows 10 64 Bit” then you have to run the setup file via compatibility settings. To do so, right click on setup file and go to Properties. Click on Compatibility tab and Tick the option for “Run this program in compatibility mode for“. Make sure, Previous Version of Windows is selected. Click Apply and Okay.
2. As usual, click Next and Next again unless you want to donate.
3. Tick the box to accept the agreement and click Next.
4. Click Next again unless you want to change the location for the setup.
5. Finally click Install button.
6. After installation, a popup will appear and ask you if you want to add NetSpeedMonitor’s toolbar to your taskbar or not. Just simply click Yes to add.
7. You can change plenty of options for this software in its settings.
Please Like, Share and Comment your valuable thoughts 🙂
Thanks for patronizing Ultimate Tech. This post is about, "How to Display Internet Speed on Taskbar in Windows?" and last updated on January 27, 2020. I am sure your visit to us must be quite satisfying and in line with your expectations from us. Just in case, it’s not as you expected from us or if you are facing any problem, kindly forward your feedback’s directly to us by leaving a Comment below. And, get assured response from my side. Your feedback’s and suggestions are extremely valuable to us. This Post is written by Harman Singh Hira. There is not any source, if any, then already mentioned so Copying or using this post’s content for your own site is not allowed. If anyone do so, get ready for facing DMCA. Please, if you like this post then share on your social networking sites. Assuring you of our best service always.