Table of Contents
How to Create a Standalone App for Apple’s Shortcuts? Workflow is a scripting application for iOS. It was developed by Ari Weinstein, Conrad Kramer, Veeral Patel, and Nick Frey at MHacks Winter 2014. The app allows users to create macros for executing specific tasks on their device. These task sequences can be created by the user, or user-generated applications can be downloaded from the integrated Gallery.
In 2015, Workflow received an Apple Design Award for its integration with iOS accessibility features such as VoiceOver. On March 22, 2017, Apple acquired Workflow for an undisclosed amount. Following the purchase, the software was made available for free. An accompanying update also changed some of the service providers used within the app to those owned or preferred by Apple, such as Apple Maps and Microsoft Translator, and closed submissions of workflows to Gallery.
On September 17, 2018, the Workflow app became the Shortcuts app which runs shortcuts with Siri. The app was announced at WWDC in June 2018 during the release of iOS 12.
Make sure, that you have a little bit information about iOS Shortcuts app or Workflow app. If you don’t know anything then hit the below link to get some information.
Basically you need a Apple’s Shortcut (or Workflow for iOS 9 & below) App and any shortcut. You can install any shortcut from App’s library as well. Hit the below button to get the app from App Store.
Create a Standalone App for Apple’s Shortcuts
1. Open up your Shortcuts library.
2. Tap on (three-dot) Icon and then Share Icon.
3. Choose Add to Home Screen option and it will automatically open up Safari browser.
4. Once again, tap on Share icon and tap on Add to Home Screen option.
5. Give a name if you want to give any or leave it default. And, tap on Add.
6. Done. You have successfully made a standalone app from a Shortcut.
Create a Standalone App for Apple’s Shortcuts with Custom Icon
1. You need a Shortcut which will help you to build the Standalone application for other shortcuts. open up the below link in your iOS’s Safari browser and the add the shortcut to your Shortcut or Workflow app.
2. Open up Shortcuts library in your iOS device and tap on Home Screen Icon Creator shortcut.
3. Choose the first open i.e. Run a Shortcut with Custom App Icon.
4. Select your shortcut to make it a Standalone App. I choose Media Grabber for demonstration.
5. Now, tap on OK to pick the icon from App Store.
6. Enter the relevant title to search the best icon and then tap on Done. I will enter Download for demonstration.
7. Next, select the icon you want to give to your Shortcut’s Standalone app.
8. Wait a few second while it processing. Then, it will automatically open up Safari browser.
9. Tap on Share icon and tap on Add to Home Screen option.
10. Give a name if you want to give any or leave it default. And, tap on Add.
11. Done. You have successfully made a standalone app from a Shortcut.
Please Like, Share and Comment your valuable thoughts 🙂
Thanks for patronizing Ultimate Tech. This post is about, "How to Create a Standalone App for Apple’s Shortcuts?" and last updated on December 15, 2018. I am sure your visit to us must be quite satisfying and in line with your expectations from us. Just in case, it’s not as you expected from us or if you are facing any problem, kindly forward your feedback’s directly to us by leaving a Comment below. And, get assured response from my side. Your feedback’s and suggestions are extremely valuable to us. This Post is written by Harman Singh Hira. There is not any source, if any, then already mentioned so Copying or using this post’s content for your own site is not allowed. If anyone do so, get ready for facing DMCA. Please, if you like this post then share on your social networking sites. Assuring you of our best service always.