Table of Contents
Want to Download and Install Windows 10 S in your system? On May 2, 2017, Microsoft unveiled Windows 10 S (referred to in leaks as Windows 10 Cloud), a feature-limited version of Windows 10 designed primarily for low-end devices in the education market, such as the Surface Laptop that Microsoft also unveiled at this time. The OS restricts software installation to applications obtained from Windows Store; the device may be upgraded to Windows 10 Pro for a fee to enable unrestricted software installation. Windows 10 S also contains a faster initial setup and login process, and allows devices to be provisioned using a USB drive with the Windows Intune for Education platform. All Windows 10 S devices will include a free one-year subscription to Minecraft: Education Edition.
Microsoft recently released Windows 10 S operating system for public to download in a form of installer. However, before downloading and installing it, let’s talk about its limitations and benefits.
Benefits of Windows 10 S
- Requires bare minimum hardware
- Better performance and quick boot up
- Compatible with most of the computer hardwares and companies
- Compatible with most of the traditional software
- Secure from viruses, thefts and malware
- Startup process should take less than 15 seconds, &
- Login process less than five seconds
- Suitable for teachers and students
- Free one year of subscription to Minecraft: Education Edition
- Free one year subscription of Microsoft Office 365 Suite
- 1TB OneDrive cloud storage
- Easy to upgrade from Windows 10 S to Windows 10 Pro
- Windows 10 S is optimised to consume less power to perform tasks
- Microsoft may bring Mixed Reality features to Windows 10 S
Limitations of Windows 10 S
- Users can only install apps from Windows Store
- Not all Windows Store’s will run in OS
- Once switched to Windows 10 Pro, user can’t go back to Windows 10 S
- Default browser will be Microsoft Edge with Bing search engine
- May not work with some device drivers, which may not yet be ready for Windows 10 S
- May cause some loss in functionality
- Will not run current Win32 software
- Windows 10 Home is not recommended and supported at this time
- Latest Windows 10 required, version 1703 (Creators Update)
- Back up all your data before installing Windows 10 S
The Windows 10 S OS only support the following editions of Windows 10:
- Windows 10 Pro
- Windows 10 Pro Education
- Windows 10 Education
- Windows 10 Enterprise
Download and Install Windows 10 S via Installer
#1: Initially, you need to download Windows 10 S installer in your system. I recommend to install Windows 10 S using installer, because it safe, secure and easy. If your machine’s hardware will not compatible with OS, then installer will not let you install it. So, lets start by downloading installer by hitting below link.
#2: After downloading it, open it and give administration permission just like any other software.
#3: On the main screen, simply click Next Button
#4: Now, installer will check hardware compatibility. If CPU, memory and disk space is compatible for Windows 10 S then you can click Next button. Or, it will automatically start downloading it.
#5: After downloading it, hit the restart button and after restart, it will automatically start installing Windows 10 S in your system.
After you install Windows 10 S, the OS defaults language will be English. To change it, go to Settings > Time & language > Region & language > in Languages select Add a language to add a new language or select an existing language and set it as the default.
Download and Install Windows 10 S via ISO
Like Windows 10, Microsoft is not providing image file to public. However, if you are MSDN subscriber then you can download ISO file of Windows 10 S. To download it, just sign in to MSDN account > go to “Subscriber Downloads” and download the Windows 10 S ISO file.
Later on, after downloading ISO file of Windows 10 S, you can make a bootable USB stick or CD to install it.
In future, if any ISO file of Windows 10 S came online then I will provide link here.
Please Like, Share and Comment your valuable thoughts 🙂
Thanks for patronizing Ultimate Tech. This post is about, "How to Download and Install Windows 10 S?" and last updated on September 5, 2017 at 9:05 am. I am sure your visit to us must be quite satisfying and in line with your expectations from us. Just in case, it’s not as you expected from us or if you are facing any problem, kindly forward your feedback’s directly to us by leaving a Comment below. And, get assured response from my side. Your feedback’s and suggestions are extremely valuable to us. This Post is written by Harman Singh Hira. There is not any source, if any, then already mentioned so Copying or using this post’s content for your own site is not allowed. If anyone do so, get ready for facing DMCA. Please, if you like this post then share on your social networking sites. Assuring you of our best service always.