Table of Contents
How to Download & Install Android Oreo on Galaxy S7 Edge based on LineageOS 15? Samsung has launched the Galaxy S7 Edge smartphone back in March 2016. It came with pre-installed Android 6.0 Marshmallow operating system how of the box and company already released the Android 7.0 Nougat update to the S7 Edge users officially. Here in this article, we will guide you how to update, download and install Android Oreo on Galaxy S7 Edge custom ROM based on LineageOS 15. There is no official information about the Android 8.0 Oreo update for the Samsung Galaxy S7 users.
If you have Galaxy S7 Edge smartphone and want to experience the new features of Android 8.0 Oreo, then you are at right place. The LineageOS 15 is custom ROM which is based on Android 8.0 Oreo operating system. The ROM offers more customization, more features over the Android 8.0 Oreo stock ROM. Follow the article step by step to download and install Android Oreo on Galaxy S7 Edge smartphone.
- mali drivers
- USB tethering
- Video Playback
- Fingerprint Sensor
- Ril (Mobile data, calls, SMS and stuff)
- Buttons and their backlight
- Wifi HotSpot
- Device only GPS
- Default video player stretches video recorded in portrait
- Graphical glitches may occur sometimes
Note: We are not, at all, responsible for any damage to your device. Please make a complete backup first.
- Make sure your device charged up to 60%.
- Make sure your device bootloader is unlocked.
- This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Make sure to take a complete backup of your device.
- Make sure you have installed TWRP recovery.
- Make sure your device is rooted.
Download & Install Android Oreo on Galaxy S7 Edge based on LineageOS 15
1. Download all the files from links as mentioned earlier and transfer them into internal storage option.
2. Now, reboot your device into Recovery mode by press and hold power + home + volume up buttons together for few seconds, release all buttons when you see Samsung logo on the screen.
3. Use Volume Up and Down keys for navigation and Power key for confirming an option.
4. Now, Wipe data factory reset, Cache partition, Dalvik Cache and Format the System partition.
5. Now, tap on the install and select the Android Oreo zip file and flash it.
6. After installation complete, flash GApps zip file.
7. After complete installation, go back to the main menu and reboot your device.
8. It will take time to boot while doing first time after installation.
Now your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is running on Android 8.0 Oreo custom ROM based on LineageOS 15. If you find any problem during ROM installation, let us know in the comment box.
Please Like, Share and Comment your valuable thoughts 🙂
Thanks for patronizing Ultimate Tech. This post is about, "How to Download & Install Android Oreo on Galaxy S7 Edge based on Lineage OS 15?" and last updated on December 1, 2017 at 5:02 am. I am sure your visit to us must be quite satisfying and in line with your expectations from us. Just in case, it’s not as you expected from us or if you are facing any problem, kindly forward your feedback’s directly to us by leaving a Comment below. And, get assured response from my side. Your feedback’s and suggestions are extremely valuable to us. This Post is written by Harman Singh Hira. There is not any source, if any, then already mentioned so Copying or using this post’s content for your own site is not allowed. If anyone do so, get ready for facing DMCA. Please, if you like this post then share on your social networking sites. Assuring you of our best service always.