Table of Contents
How to Download and Install Android 9.0 Pie Beta Update for Nokia 8? The Nokia 8 is a high-end Nokia-branded smartphone running the Android operating system. Nokia 8 comes with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 CPU, backed by either 4 or 6 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal storage (Tempered Blue, Steel, and Polished Copper-coloured models), or 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal storage (Polished Blue). Both are expandable with microSD cards.
Like the Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6, it ran a near-stock version of Android 7.1.1 “Nougat” on release. On 13 February 2018, Nokia released Android 8.1 Oreo for the Nokia 8. However, now you can install Android 9.0 Pie beta as well in your favourite device.
Thank you for your patience. Since you had to wait a bit longer than expected for Android 9 on your Nokia 8, we decided to make an immediate Beta Labs release. Please join us in finalizing the commercial release – your feedback is extremely valuable 🍰https://t.co/siaoX5g3vj pic.twitter.com/s33qsBAgOq
— Juho Sarvikas (@sarvikas) December 11, 2018
This tutorial contain information that can cause harm to your device if you will not perform it correctly. I am not responsible for any type of damage to your device.
- First things first, make a complete backup of your Nokia device, as this method may delete all of your data store in your device. Click here for a detail guide on Android’s backup.
- Charge your phone up to 80% to to finish the process in one go.
- Make sure, your phone has the latest Android 8.1 Oreo firmware installed.
- A computer with any good operating system. (For Method 2 & 3 only)
- Install ADB Drivers in your computer system. (Read: How to Install ADB Drivers on Windows, macOS, and Linux?) (For Method 3 only)
Hit the below button to download the latest OTA Package for Nokia 8. This only requires for method 2 and 3.
Method 1: Install Android 9.0 Pie Beta Update for Nokia 8
If you want to register for Nokia 8 Android 9.0 Pie OTA updates then the best way is to do it officially via their website. Companies always need beta tester to make their updates official. It means you can simply go to Nokia’s website and register for Beta updates.
1. Hit the below link to go to Nokia’s beta lab.
2. Login or register an account their.
3. Now, in the getting started column, enter your Nokia device’s IMEI Number [A].
You can find this info from your phone. Go to Settings > System > About Phone > Status > IMEI Information. If your phone has two IMEI-codes, please provide IMEI 1 (one). Alternatively, from phone keypad, dial
4. Enter your Network provider [B]. Such as Vodafone, Spark or Jio, etc.
You can find this info from your phone. Go to Settings > System > About Phone > Status > SIM Status > Network.
5. Thirdly, enter your country [C] and tick the agreement box [D].
6. Hit Register for beta labs button [E].
7. Once your device is validated, click on Get the beta software over-the-air text.
8. Scroll down, Tick on agreement [A] and hit the Request OTA button [B].
9. Now, when you will be in good WiFi connection, go to your device’s Settings > System > System update > Check for update.
If there will be no update available then wait for a few hours and check again.
Method 2: Install Android 9.0 Pie Beta Update for Nokia 8
1. Rename the downloaded file into
NB1-5_110-0-00WW-B01-488K-0-00WW-B01-update.zip in your computer.
2. Connect your device to your computer and transfer the OTA file into your device internal storage in
root directory. (Not within any folder)
3. You can now disconnect your device from your computer. Open up the dialer in your device and dial the following below numbers:
4. Ensure that your phone has the latest firmware with December/November security patch.
5. Once again, open up dialer and dial following below number.
6. Now, let the update process finish and restart when it will ask for it.
Method 3: Install Android 9.0 Pie Beta Update for Nokia 8
This method needs ADB Drivers for android in your computer.
1. Rename the downloaded file into
nokia8otaupdate.zip in your computer.
2. Transfer the file in the folder, where you have installed ADB Drivers.
3. Now, Hold the Shift Key and Right click anywhere in the white space.
4. Click on “Open Command Prompt here” option. Some Windows 10 users can see “Open PowerShell windows here” option.
5. Connect your Android device to your system via USB Cable.
6. Now, in the Command Prompt Windows, enter the following below command:
7. Check your Android device and open up the lock (if any). There will be a pop up asking to grant the USB Debugging permission. Just simply grant it. You can also tick the option for Always allow from this computer. Skip to step #9 if nothing shows up in your phone.
8. Finally, re-enter the same command again i.e. in Step #6.
9. Now, Command Prompt will show you the device’s Serial number. It means ADB drivers are working properly.
10. Enter the below command to boot your Nokia device into fastboot.
adb reboot bootloader
11. Next, enter the following command to sideload the OTA file.
adb sideload path_to_zip/nokia8otaupdate.zip
12. When the installation will end, go back to recovery menu and select Reboot system now.
Please Like, Share and Comment your valuable thoughts 🙂
Thanks for patronizing Ultimate Tech. This post is about, "Install Android 9.0 Pie Beta Update for Nokia 8 [3 Methods]" and last updated on December 14, 2018 at 11:03 am. I am sure your visit to us must be quite satisfying and in line with your expectations from us. Just in case, it’s not as you expected from us or if you are facing any problem, kindly forward your feedback’s directly to us by leaving a Comment below. And, get assured response from my side. Your feedback’s and suggestions are extremely valuable to us. This Post is written by Himanshu Chaudhary. There is not any source, if any, then already mentioned so Copying or using this post’s content for your own site is not allowed. If anyone do so, get ready for facing DMCA. Please, if you like this post then share on your social networking sites. Assuring you of our best service always.