Xtreme Download Manager is a powerful tool to increase download speed up-to 500%, save streaming videos from YouTube, Metacafe, DailyMotion, Google Video or any other website, resume broken/dead downloads and schedule downloads.XDM seamlessly integrates with Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Chrome, IE, Opera, Safari and all popular browsers, to take over downloads and saving streaming videos from web.
- Download any streaming video: XDM can download FLV videos from popular sites like YouTube, MySpaceTV, and Google Video. The best way of downloading webpage embedded videos from the Internet is here. After installing XDM, “Download This Video” button pops up whenever you are watching a video anywhere in the Internet. Just click on the button to start downloading clips.
- Download 5 time faster: XDM can accelerate downloads by up to 5 times due to its intelligent dynamic file segmentation technology. Unlike other download managers and accelerators XDM segments downloaded files dynamically during download process and reuses available connections without additional connect and login stages to achieve best acceleration performance.
- Works with all browsers: XDM supports all popular browsers including IE, Chrome, AOL, MSN, Mozilla, Netscape, Firefox, Avant Browser, and many others on Windows, Linux and OS X. XDM can be integrated into any Internet application to take over downloads using unique “Advanced Browser Integration” feature.
- Download Resume: XDM will resume unfinished download from the place where they left off. Comprehensive error recovery and resume capability will restart broken or interrupted downloads due to lost or dropped connections, network problems, computer shutdowns, or unexpected power outages.
- Smart Scheduler, Speed limiter and queued downloads: XDM can connect to the Internet at a set time, download the files you want, disconnect, or shut down your computer when it’s done. XDM also supports speed limiter to allow browsing while downloading. XDM also supports queued download to perform downloads one by one
- Support for proxy server, authentication and other advanced features: XDM supports all types of proxy servers including Windows ISA and different types of firewalls. XDM supports auto proxy configuration, NTLM, Basic, Digest, Kerberos, Negotiate algorithms for authentication, batch download etc.
How to Install XDM in Ubuntu or Linux Mint?
Thanks to the Noobslab for providing PPA for Xtream Download Manager. Now, you can easily install Xtreme Download Manager. If you are using latest version of Ubuntu, then just open up terminal and use below commands one by one.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:noobslab/apps sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install xdman-downloader
If you are using old version of Ubuntu, such as Ubuntu 14.04, Ubuntu 12.04, etc. then use below commands
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:noobslab/apps sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install xdman
To remove Xtream Download Manager, use below commands
sudo apt-get remove xdman sudo add-apt-repository --remove ppa:noobslab/apps
Please Like, Share and Comment your valuable thoughts.
Thanks for patronizing Ultimate Tech. This post is about, “Better Alternative to IDM – Xtreme Download Manager“. I am sure your visit to us must be quite satisfying and in line with your expectations from us. Just in case, it’s not as you expected from us or if you are facing any problem, kindly forward your feedback’s directly to us by leaving a Comment below. And, get assured response from my side. Your feedback’s and suggestions are extremely valuable to us. This Post is written by the team of Ultimate Tech. There is not any source, if any, then already mentioned so Copying or using this post’s content for your own site is not allowed. If anyone do so, get ready for facing DMCA. Please, if you like this post then share on your social networking sites. Assuring you of our best service always.