Table of Contents
End-to-end encryption (E2EE) is a system of communication where only the communicating users can read the messages. In principle, it prevents potential eavesdroppers – including telecom providers, Internet providers, and even the provider of the communication service – from being able to access the cryptographic keys needed to decrypt the conversation.
1. Telegram Messenger
Telegram is a freeware, cross-platform, cloud-based instant messaging (IM) software and application service. The service also provides end-to-end encrypted video calling, VoIP, file sharing and several other features. It was initially launched for iOS on 14 August 2013 and Android in October 2013. The application servers of Telegram are distributed worldwide to decrease data load, while the operational centre is currently based in Dubai. Following below are few features o this app:
- It have a clean interface with its minimalist design. Telegram is lean and easy to use.
- Telegram messages are heavily encrypted and can self-destruct.
- Telegram lets you access your chats from multiple devices.
- Telegram has no limits on the size of your media and chats.
- Telegram has an open API and source code free for everyone.
- Telegram keeps your messages safe from hacker attacks.
- Telegram groups can hold up to 200,000 members.
- Telegram is 100% free and they have no plans to sell ads or introduce subscription fees.
It is available for Android, iOS, Web-browsers, Windows, Windows Phone, MacOS, Linux
Signal is a cross-platform centralized encrypted messaging service developed by the Signal Foundation and Signal Messenger. It uses the Internet to send one-to-one and group messages, which can include files, voice notes, images and videos. It can also be used to make one-to-one and group voice and video calls, and the Android version can optionally function as an SMS app.
Signal uses standard cellular telephone numbers as identifiers and secures all communications to other Signal users with end-to-end encryption. The apps include mechanisms by which users can independently verify the identity of their contacts and the integrity of the data channel.
- State-of-the-art end-to-end encryption (powered by the open source Signal Protocol) keeps your conversations secure. We can’t read your messages or listen to your calls, and no one else can either. Privacy isn’t an optional mode — it’s just the way that Signal works. Every message, every call, every time.
- Share text, voice messages, photos, videos, GIFs and files for free. Signal uses your phone’s data connection so you can avoid SMS and MMS fees.
- Make crystal-clear voice and video calls to people who live across town, or across the ocean, with no long-distance charges.
- Add a new layer of expression to your conversations with encrypted stickers. You can also create and share your own sticker packs.
- Group chats make it easy to stay connected to your family, friends, and coworkers.
- There are no ads, no affiliate marketers, and no creepy tracking in Signal. So focus on sharing the moments that matter with the people who matter to you.
- Signal is an independent nonprofit. We’re not tied to any major tech companies, and we can never be acquired by one either. Development is supported by grants and donations from people like you.
It is available for Android, iOS, Windows, MacOS, Linux
3. Wickr me
Wickr has developed several secure messaging apps based on different customer needs: Wickr Me, Wickr Pro, Wickr RAM, and Wickr Enterprise. The Wickr instant messaging apps allow users to exchange end-to-end encrypted and content-expiring messages, including photos, videos, and file attachments. The software is available for the iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems.
Wire is an encrypted communication and collaboration app created by Wire Swiss. It is available for iOS, Android, Windows, macOS, Linux, and web browsers such as Firefox. Wire offers a collaboration suite featuring messenger, voice calls, video calls, conference calls, file-sharing, and external collaboration –all protected by a secure end-to-end-encryption. Wire offers three solutions built on its security technology: Wire Pro –which offers Wire’s collaboration feature for businesses, Wire Enterprise –includes Wire Pro capabilities with added features for large-scale or regulated organizations, and Wire Red –the on-demand crisis collaboration suite. They also offer Wire Personal, which is a secure messaging app for personal use.
5. Secret Messenger
Secret is an encryption community chat platform, Core technical team comes from global famous Internet company such as Google, Facebook and Microsoft, We are committed to being a great Internet company in the world. We currently support 16 national languages so that anyone can create a community that they can self-govern. The Secret platform provides an innovative model of the Social Community model community, which users can use as a work platform, learning platform, and life platform.
- When you use Secret, all chats are encrypted end-to-end. Each message is sent with its own security lock and security key, and all information is automatically encrypted end-to-end to ensure all chat messages safe and private.
- You can quickly establish a group of tens of thousands people, chat and share files with multiple people in the group, and carry out convenient and efficient multi-party communication and dialogue. 100 people group use asymmetric super encryption technology, which sends asymmetric encryption end-to-end. The technology is the same. Each time a user sends a message in the group to encrypt 100 times, it is encrypted and sent to the 100 people through the server pipeline. Then each person uses his own key to decrypt.
It is available for Android, iOS, Web-browsers, Windows, MacOS
Please Like, Share and Comment your valuable thoughts 🙂
Thanks for patronizing Ultimate Tech. This post is about, "Best Encrypted Messengers for Chat & Call [WhatsApp Alternatives]" and last updated on January 16, 2021. I am sure your visit to us must be quite satisfying and in line with your expectations from us. Just in case, it’s not as you expected from us or if you are facing any problem, kindly forward your feedback’s directly to us by leaving a Comment below. And, get assured response from my side. Your feedback’s and suggestions are extremely valuable to us. This Post is written by Harman Singh Hira. There is not any source, if any, then already mentioned so Copying or using this post’s content for your own site is not allowed. If anyone do so, get ready for facing DMCA. Please, if you like this post then share on your social networking sites. Assuring you of our best service always.